Saturday, October 10, 2009

a little homework help for my sister...your turn ll

this is a little old but i am putting it up to remind my sister she has heart homework...and i think i needed some reminding of things too...so yeah...these are some things i became aware of during a time when i had let myself start believing i wasn't worth the trouble...everyone is worth the trouble...but i have this amazing ability to firmly believe that about everyone and yet completely refuse to believe it about me(see line 15)...i might not be the only one with this mysterious gift...if you need a heart homework assignment just let me know...



i have realized that for someone to let me into their universe demands a lot of a person....

it means getting used to unwashed hair

it requires a certain amount of faith in your seatbelt

it is the purse...and all that includes

it is letting me call my self drama free while being a complicated mess that makes life way too hard sometimes

it involves u-turns

it means pajamas are not for sleeping...they are for final exams, the grocery store and saturday mornings at waffle house

lip reading certainly helps

it means getting places late or being the ones to come early to set up and stay late to clean up...and then probably give someone a ride home

it means no more fast food chains

it is being able to take me to lunch in the skirt i wore yesterday...and slept in last night...on someone's porch

it is letting me baby you...or be mean mama....

it is forcing me to let you baby me...or be mean mama when i need it..and i really do

it involves a lot of pee breaks

there are a lot of food rules....hot and cold!

it demands a tolerance for the occasional seemingly unnecessary tears and accompanying self-esteem induced hyprocisy

it does not involve hand sanitizer

the endless casey stories!

for these things and many more i would like to take full responsibility for how they make knowing me a little extra work

but knowing me also demands some other things...

it is laughing alot...even if it is just AT me

its learning all kinds of things that i am totally willing to look up on the internet for you

it involves hearing the truth for all the right reasons

it means the long prayer can still be the quick prayer

there will be dancing

its the purse...and all that includes

it is hearing constant evidence of how big God is and how much he loves us

it makes you think

it approves a pretty automatic adoption into an crazily amazing couple of families

it means letting yourself be seen as valuable and powerful

it is full of surprises

it is void of wal-mart

it always involves great food....and snacks

it is getting confronted with the greatest and most dangerous parts of who you might be

appreciation for "good ice" is precious wisdom

it means getting prayed for...right in the middle of a conversation...sometimes with my eyes open

it definitely includes beach time

it means freedom

it asks you to create space in your life for something revolutionary

it is fun...most of the time anyway

it is to be loved really really hard...and all that really being loved requires

...and i accept responsibility for that too

so, yeah, i am demanding...and i have decided that i think that is okay

3 comments:

  1. i love this Casey! It reminded me of so many things. Things that made me smile and laugh and realize just how much I miss you! I have to ask though, if this was heart homework, was there a specific assignment, or did you just write it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, LOVE this. I think I need to know more about this heart homework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all i can muster to say...heart heart heart!

    ReplyDelete