Sunday, February 8, 2009

and just like that....i'm home.


dorothy and kevs told me on the ride home from the airport that my arrival would be a surprise to the kids but i could hear some commotion downstairs that sounded like maybe i had tipped them off with my loud georgia mouth...i opened the door and at the bottom of the stairs stood richardson looking like he had in fact seen an alien after telling everyone in town for years that they did exist....he started pointing and yelling..."wi, sa mama casey....mama casey isit!!!" then it went a little nuts....but in the most wonderful of ways...there was hugging and the call for "un bo" which is "a kiss" everywhere....singing and earring pulling and the question "danse? danse?" ...i love my life.


since i have been away the kids have grown up so much...jj is engaging and communicating so much more...gertie can tie shoes....levinsky is so much healthier and he is crawling around like crazy....frantzo is trying to talk....isna can sit quietly for more than 2.5 seconds...miltha's little crown of hair is turning into quite the fro...so much has happened!


i have started the getting settled in process and they had a beautiful bed made for me when i got here complete with a welcome back note...and purple and it was perfect!


to back up a little...great flight...met some interesting characters and rode on the biggest plane i have ever seen...all my luggage made it...at least everything i remembered to bring in the first place....good thing kathy is comiing soon to bring all that i forgot or couldn't fit!


two angels gave me some "me money" that was to be used for a camera but it is so hard for me to make buying decisions so quickly but with just a 20 minute window shelby and i found the perfect camera....for the exact amount that i had been given...and it was blue! yay!!! so you will be bombared with pictures...thank you aunt sabra and ginny!

2 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! (just to clarify- that was me saying "Yay" several times and not chanting "YAYA!" from the Divine secrets of the Yaya sisterhood which would be completely inappropriate (totes inappropes) at this juncture...

    ..anyway- Hey!! Its so good to..read your voice? Because when i look at this ridiculously eloquent blog- I can hear my sister's beautiful voice and I know that there is a giant smile on her face. Which in turn puts one on mine!!

    I'm very glad to hear that you are happy and making things happen already- mama and I spent a good deal of time analyzing your end-of-the-car-ride tears when you finally realized what was about to happen. I'm all-"they were happy tears!" and mamas like- "are you sure she wasn't getting nervous?!?!" lol

    I love you!

    Now may the Lord bless you and keep you, May He lift the light of His countenance upon you, Now and forever more..
    Ahhh-ahh-ahhh-ahh-ahhh-aahh---meeeeeeeen.

    xoxo
    or- bo-o-bo-o?

    Shelby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna add a woowooowooowooo to Shelby's yayayaya. Gertie can tie shoes?! That's huge! I know those kids are gonna flourish even more now that mama casey's there. how do you say "it's true" in creole? how do you say i love you?

    ReplyDelete